Nothing But Boost!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nothing But Boost!

2 posters

Oxidized Mustang

Dustin Ramsey
    Dustin Ramsey
    Admin
    Admin

Oxidized Mustang Empty Oxidized Mustang

Post  Dustin Ramsey Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:30 am

I had a customer come to me wanting their mother's mustang detailed for mothers day. After getting in touch with the customer, I soon set off detailing her car. After driving over to the car wash to wash the car I soon discovered a detailers worst nightmare! When trying to wash the vehicle's surface I discovered that the surface had never been clayed. I also noticed that the car was also developing chemical spotting, due to neglected paint. I quickly broke out the clay and went away to claying the vehicle, I remove an incredible amount of build up on the car! After claying and washing the car, I dried the car off and noticed the oxidation on the car. For those that don't know what oxidation is Paint turns dull, then chalky. Rubber seals and bumpers turn white, dry out, and become hard as a rock. Vinyl trim will also turn white and eventually crack. Hard plastic (air dams, side mirrors, trim) react similarly to paint. It also cost your big $$$ in the long run if not properly treated. I remove all the oxidation occurring on the paint. If the customer would have waited a little longer, she would have to repaint the entire car which cost roughly around $1500 to $2000. Looking on the price to repaint her car she saved around $1200 to $1700 letting us remove the oxidation on the cars surface.

Here are a few pictures of the mustang:

Before
    Oxidized Mustang _DSC0077

After
    Oxidized Mustang _DSC0076

50/50 Shot of the door
    Oxidized Mustang _DSC0078

Sun Shots
    Oxidized Mustang _DSC0138

Oxidized Mustang _DSC0136

Oxidized Mustang _DSC0133

Oxidized Mustang _DSC0144

Oxidized Mustang _DSC0149
    Devin Rice
    Devin Rice
    Newbie!
    Newbie!

Oxidized Mustang Empty Oxidized Mustang

Post  Devin Rice Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:07 pm

I helped on that car, and the pictures don't even come close to showing how bad that car was! Dustin did a brilliant job compounding that car and repaired most, if not all of the damage which ended up saving the owner a ton of money. It really pays off to take care of your car because a buildup like that would have irrepairible in a few more years.
    Dustin Ramsey
    Dustin Ramsey
    Admin
    Admin

Oxidized Mustang Empty Re: Oxidized Mustang

Post  Dustin Ramsey Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Devin Rice wrote:I helped on that car, and the pictures don't even come close to showing how bad that car was! Dustin did a brilliant job compounding that car and repaired most, if not all of the damage which ended up saving the owner a ton of money. It really pays off to take care of your car because a buildup like that would have irrepairible in a few more years.

Thanks Devin, Devin helped me a lot on this car, he did and excellent job of the interior! Thanks Devin

Sponsored content

Oxidized Mustang Empty Re: Oxidized Mustang

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:12 pm